All prospective candidates must:
- Be of Jamaican citizenship
- Be between the ages of 18 to 33 years old
- Be medically fit
- Be the holder of academic certificates with minimum passes in:
- four (4) GCE 'O' Levels - Grades A - C or
- four (4) CXC subjects (General Proficiency) - Grades 1 - 3 or
- five (5) SSC subjects or equivalent.
(English Language and Mathematics are compulsory.)
Note: Despite the required qualifications shown above, each applicant must pass a prescribed
Entrance Examination. The better the applicants academic standard is the better the chance of success in this Examination.
ENTRY TEST AND SCREENING
- A written Entrance Examination covering Dictation, Mathematics, English Language, General Knowledge, Mental Ability Test, etc.
- A Physical Agility Test which includes a height requirement test
- A comprehensive background check looking into past employment, character profile and criminal history/Police record.
- A medical examination including blood test, vision test and drug screening
- An interview
For further information contact:
The Recruiting Officer
Jamaica Fire Brigade
14 Port Royal Street,
Kingston Telephone:(876) 922-0007 or (876) 922-0027.